Hello insomnia, nice to see you again. It's been a while since we have had some time together and I have to say that this visit was quite productive. Normally I curse you; however today (tonight??) I have been incredibly productive...
New blog format? Check!
Picture editing? Check!
Catch up on reading all my favorite blogger's posts? Check!
Since the passing of my sweet puppy I have been seriously slacking on reading my favorite blogs so imagine my surprise when I popped over to Simply Healthy Family (one of my new favorite blogs) and saw that Gwen had passed on her Versatile Blogger award to a bunch of great blogs including little old La Pure Mama!
Thank you Gwen! I love reading your blog and I am so honored that you enjoy mine!
This is my first ever blog award so I'm following 'the rules' which Gwen ever so kindly listed for us newbies. You're supposed to 1. Thank the person who gave it to you 2. Share seven things about yourself and 3. Pass the award on.
Now, I have given a lot of thought to the seven things I should tell about myself... and I have come up with nothing! I'm going to do my best but bear with me; I'm really not that interesting :)
1. For some reason I just don't check my phone messages. Like, ever. People call and leave a message and I couldn't tell you why but I just don't check my voicemail. Honey keeps saying I should just leave a greeting that says 'if you really want to get a hold of me, text me.' He's probably right... I'm much better at responding to texts.
2. I have an unexplainable love for office supplies; paper, pens, scissors, tape, you name it. My mom always thought I should be a school teacher because I love paper so much.
3. I am going to Italy in October! The whole fam-damily is packing up for a two week trip to Italy and I am super excited to 'blog from afar' about all the wonderful things we will see/try. Truffles, here I come.
4. I graduated from Western with a degree in communication. I confess, at the time, I chose communication because it was the only major that didn't require statistics; turns out communication and I couldn't be a better match!
5. I am a paralegal by day. I work for my family's CPA firm doing estate planning, small business start-up, probate, etc... Some may think it is a boring field of law but I find the process quite interesting. I also juggle that job with being a mama to my sweet Noodle Nose.
6. I am a car pig. I don't want to be but unfortunately it is genetic and my mother has passed it to me. I am also afraid I have passed it on to Noodle; the things he 'needs' in the car are the reason it's so messy! Honey said he and Noodle were going to take it to be detailed for our anniversary, but he never made good. Lame.
7. I can't stand sneezing; hearing people sneeze OR doing it myself. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Ugh; just thinking about it gives me the chills. Unfortunately for me, my mother sneezes a lot and when she gets started, she can't stop. It's like torture :)
Ok, that was hard!! Now for the easy part: passing it on. In no particular order, these are some blogs that I adore for one reason or another:
Well, I do just love reading Gwen's blog at Simply Healthy Family, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to 'give it back.' :)
Chef Dennis at More Than a Mount Full because he is always coming up with great recipes and he seems to be so genuine with the girls that he teaches. I think he would be one of those teachers that you never forget from school.
Lazaro at Lazaro Cooks! because he is super creative in the kitchen, his pictures are gorgeous, there are always great guest posts and he is a very conscientious blogger; appreciative of people's comments and complimentary himself.
Sarah at Baking Serendipity because her creations make my mouth water every time I read her blog. Plus, ever since I first started reading her blog I have been convinced that if we lived in the same town we would be friends. :)
Noelle at An Opera Singer in the Kitchen because she inspires me to eat 'raw' more often. Raw is something that has always been rather mysterious to me, but her blog de-mystifies it for me; plus it all looks so good I want to eat everything!
Thank you again to Gwen and thank you to the blogs I have passed it on to, for being inspirational in the kitchen and blogosphere :)